Thursday, December 28, 2017

Wreath for Season of Cheer

The holiday season keeps everyone so busy! Here is the last of my cards for this year. Mailed in plenty of time, I just never got these added to my blog until today.

Another quick and easy card using stamped die cut elements adhered to patterned cardstock. I used elements from a kit, making five of them. It seems as if I always have junky stuff leftover that goes unused but I was able to use everything except a strand of sequins that I elected not to use.


The die cut tag was stamped and then adhered with foam tape onto the red cardstock strip and the patterned cardstock. The inside was stamped with "Merry Christmas" and decorated with some hand drawn holly leaves and berries to coordinate with the wreath.

My card is being submitted to a random drawing at:

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #272 (Use red, green and white. Gold and silver are optional.)



Materials
Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Watercolor Christmas" (front) and "Christmas Bliss" (inside)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Emerald Envy, Real Red & coordinating markers for inside decoration
Cardstock & Papers: SU! Whisper White, Real Red, patterned card stock from kit
Misc.: Foam tape & red sequins from stash

5 comments:

  1. This is a simple CAS card that turned out beautifully! The wreath is so natural looking and the tag settled within it is perfect - the inked edge sets it off just right with the paper behind to emphasize it. Thanks for sharing with us again at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this card kit too! The extra sponging around the sentiment really makes it stand out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreath, the watercoloring and sentiment...CAS and very pretty. Thanks again for sharing with us at the Color Dare's Holiday Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card, Melanie! Thanks for sharing your talent with us once again at the Color Dare blog!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Melanie! I love the clean and simple look! Glad you shared this with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete